Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Changing Seasons


If you live in Mississippi like me, you have felt the AMAZING change in the weather today! After the non-stop rains we’ve been experiencing this past weekend in Jackson, I woke up to an absolutely beautiful morning! Football highlights headlined the news and the weather forecast called for slightly cooler temperatures this week…a sign that the season is changing!!!

Some changes are welcome, like the crisp fall air after such a hot, sticky summer. Some changes, on the other hand, are a bit less desirable. I’ve been called out in the past for being resistant to change. As a naturally shy and reserved girl, I can’t say that I love the uncomfortable feelings that often arise when being put a new situation. These past couple of months however, I have decided to set aside my reservations about changing things in my life. Those uncomfortable parts of change are nowhere near the positives. Change helps you grow and move forward. How will you ever experience the wonderful things in store for your life if you constantly resist out of fear of the unknown? Marriage, moving, starting medical school, starting a business, paying all of our OWN bills, heck…leading group workouts...are all challenging but extremely rewarding life changes! Each of these things requires planning, patience, and a LOT of hard work, but with 110% effort I know I am prepared to take on these new roles.

This excerpt from Kristin Armstrong’s blog helps me put the uncertainties of change into a positive light, even when I feel out of my comfort zone. Fortunately, life does bring about change and we need to embrace it and make the best of it!

“The beautiful thing about change is that it provides a contrast for the people and things that offer us strength and stability. These steady things in life become so visible when everything else is swaying. I treasure these times of change. My family is moving, but at the same time and in all the ways that count - we don't move at all.

We're almost to a transition zone, people, around the corner the dog days of summer will stretch into fall. Which way are you moving?”

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes…turn and face the strain

-David Bowie

DNA Fitness Bootcamp signs are going up around Jackson this week!!!!!!!!!!!! Make a healthy change in your life by getting out and getting active this fall with DNA Fitness Bootcamp! Email me: ashley@dnafitnessllc.com for info!!


Exercise is GOING GREEN! Check out this article for some awesome benefits of outdoor workouts!

"Green Exercise: Get Out! Get Fit!", by Victor Parachin

http://www.messengersaintanthony.com/messaggero/pagina_articolo.asp?IDX=557IDRX=151


No comments:

Post a Comment