Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What are your Resolutions for 2012?

Dorothy had it right, "There's no place like home!" We are back in Jackson after a much needed holiday trip to see family and friends. Going back to Georgia at Christmas gave me a feeling of comfort, but also a bit of sadness, since most of my family has moved farther out now. It's never exactly the same as in my memories. I don't even know the whereabouts of several friends I used to call, home phone numbers memorized by heart, to meet for a last-minute game of tennis in the neighborhood, or a cup of coffee that would turn into an afternoon of shopping, seeing a movie, and even a sleepover. One resolution I have made is to be a better friend this year. I want to see how my old buds are doing these days. If you are lucky enough to have a precious friendship, cherish it.

Instead of hanging around Mom and Dad's in our PJ's for another week & eating them out of house and home, we decided to get a jump start on the new year by hitting some of our resolutions head on. Getting back to God, getting in shape, getting ahead in school, and getting training underway are a few of our goals. Setting specific goals to reach is the best way for me to stay on track with my resolutions. For example, I want to read x number of chapters in my Bible each day, I want to spend 30 minutes jogging every other morning, I want to study 2 chapters of biochemistry every night, etc. If you need a little help finding a starting point for what you want to accomplish in 2012, here are some questions you may want to ask yourself:

-What are the 5 things you value most in life?
-What are the 3 most important goals to you right now (what pops into your head first?)
-If you won the lottery today, what would you do?
-If you knew you had 6 months left to live, what would you do?
-What is one thing you always wanted to try or do, but were too afraid to do it?

Your answers may be similar. Are you doing things TODAY to bring you closer to these answers? Do something everyday that MOVES you towards a better YOU. Do what you enjoy and be active OFTEN! I am here to help you reach your health and fitness goals! Let me know how I can help you get moving in 2012! Personal training (one-on-one or small group bootcamps) are a great way to stay accountable to your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment