Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wrapping up 2011


My living room is filled with wrapping paper, bows, and gifts for our family members (who we get to see in just a few more hours YAY!!!!) We are spending the evening wrapping up framed wedding pictures as gifts this year since everyone has been asking us for wedding pictures lately! With the semester finally over, Danny is finally kicking back to enjoy the holidays.

I CAN'T WAIT to see my family! It's been almost six months since I've seen my mom & dad! I know it's going to be a wonderful Christmas. We are lucky to have so much family surrounding us. Tomorrow we are heading up to Tupelo to Danny's older brother's house, where we are hosting a "Santa and friends" party out on the front lawn. YES, we will be dressed up as Santa, The Grinch, elves, the whole crew! It's going to be interesting to say the least. :)

Looking back on 2011, I can honestly say it has been the best year of my life. Marriage, even with all the ups and downs, has been such a blessing to me. I've also been blessed with my work...now doing what I LOVE, and my friends in our newlyweds small group, who show me how to live closer to God. Can 2012 possibly get better than this?! As we wrap up this year, I encourage you to reflect back on 2011. Count your blessings...we all have so much to be thankful for. Face your challenges in the new year with a positive outlook and there's no telling what you may conquer!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!


Taken at our Newlyweds Small Group's Dirty Santa Christmas Party. We got to took home some lovely shelves (actually loved these!) and a card shoe....anyone know what to do with that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment